Medellín: 100 years of missionary history in San José de la Marinilla

on 22 Jun, 2018
0
0
0
s2sdefault

Medellín (Colombia), 06/20/2018, Sr. Ana Cecilia Villegas Cadavid.- San José de la Marinilla, an Antioquia municipality located less than 47 km from the capital, Medellín, received in 1918, at the request of Father Emilio Botero Salazar, the Sisters Teresa María, Inés del Socorro, Isabel de la Cruz and Presentation, to assume the direction and welcome to the youth that was formed in the Giraldo Institute, dedicated to assist the girls of scarce resources.

The Sisters throughout this centenary charitable service space, have trained in arts and crafts, primary, secondary, normal Superior of Young Ladies and other changes, which, in the eagerness to respond to the needs of the moment, received the approval of the national Government.

On June 15, in a simple ceremony, but full of affection on the part of the inhabitants of Marinilla and in the company of the Sisters, the Eucharist of thanksgiving was celebrated in the Parish of Mary Help of Christians. The expression of the past pupils of the school and of many people of this town was very rewarding and they committed themselves to form a group of Lay Dominicans Presentation, in memory of the ephemeris. More than a hundred Sisters born in this town have been part of the Congregation.